Monday, February 7, 2011

Leap and the net will magically appear...

...that has been my mantra ever since entering the workforce.  Or at least, ever since being in a career that makes we want to strive for personal and professional growth instead of wasting away behind all-day web surfing.   "Leap and the net will magically appear" helped me immensely with both a crippling lack of self confidence and intense anxiety related to talking on the phone.  But I'm now taking it to a new level:  I'm now taking one giant leap for mankind as I abandon my day job and give myself the biggest test of my life since having my twins:  it is time for me (and others) to find out whether I really have any talent at writing, and (cringe) whether I can market and sell my wares.  Of course I have all kinds of aspirations to be the next J.K Rowling, Judy Blume, and Robert Munsch all rolled up in one.  However!  The slightly more realistic side of me is hoping that I'll be able to convince just one person to read my stuff, maybe even inspire them to pay me $1 for the pleasure.  So, thanks for hanging out with me as I find my way to the net now that I've really leapt for the first time!

1 comment:

  1. Someday, I'll be able to say, "I knew Sarah! She actually helped me write for this IVR company. And now look how famous she is!"

    Knock 'em dead, Sarah. You'll find a way. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready to Self-Publish

A couple of months ago, I finished the novel that I started in 2011 or so. I did so with mixed feelings - pride that I'd blown the dust ...